9th International Workshop on Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management
18 Jun 2018 To 22 Jun 2018 Bangkok, Thailand
• Provide participants with a strategic approach and understanding of PSM, regulatory affairs and quality assurance.
• Apply the principles of PSM, Regulatory and Quality in medicines, diagnostics and vaccines
• Obtain direct experience through field trips and visits to UN agencies, international NGOs, and the Thai MoH
• Engage in peer-to-peer learning with delegates from different countries and organizations
The course is targeted at:
• health professionals in public health programs (donors, government, private sector, NGOs, civil society, academia
• people interested in working in the areas of global health procurement and supply chain / logistics professionals.
• Procurement : Quantification of medicines & supplies; selection of most appropriate purchasing method; development of procurement plans, detailing product specifications, purchase conditions and quality assurance criteria for medicines and supplies
• Supply Chain : How countries and health programs can access the right quality product, in the right quantities, in the right condition, delivered to the right place, at the right time, and for a reasonable cost
• Regulatory Affairs : Pre-market and post market regulatory activities, linkage with PSM, challenges and areas of capacity building
• Quality Assurance : Topics will be over medicines, diagnostics and vaccines and include pre-qualification, quality control, production and inspections and importance of documentation.
Course fees: US $2100 which includes:
• One week face-to-face workshop in Bangkok + two weeks preparatory work
• Certificate from Empower School of Health
• One year technical assistance
• Local transportation for field visits
Does not include – International travel, airport transfers, food and accommodation
Registration deadline: 30th May, 2018
To apply, please fill the form or please email us at: email@example.com
Prof. Paul S. Lalvani: Director of Empower Group; Co-Chair, People that Deliver; Advisor to The John A. Kufuor Foundation, APLMA, UNAIDS, World Bank, WHO, & various Ministries of Health
Prof. Andy Barraclough: Director of Training and Capacity Building, Empower School of Health; GMS certified Global Fund PSM consultant, advisor to DFID, GIZ, WB, and various Ministries of Health
Ambassador Denis Broun: Director of Empower Swiss; permanent observer of the Partnership for Population and Development in Geneva; Ambassador for Partnership for Population and Development; Advisor to the Chairman and CEO of CIPLA; Executive Director of UNITAID and Regional Director of UNAIDS.
Ms. Sangeeta Tikyani: Director - Public Health, Empower School of Health. With more than 13 years of professional experience in the field of public health, her areas of expertise are M&E, Data Quality Assessment, Health System Strengthening, Capacity Building, QA/Improvement and Public Health Education.
Dr. Jonathan VanGeest: Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy and Management, Kent State University, USA
*Additional speakers to be confirmed from UNDP, UNAIDS, UNOPS, and several others of international repute